Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goals

Okay, so it's the first of the year and time our all those best intentions to be laid out in the form of resolutions. Oh goodie! Just like me everyone else is preaching words of health and fitness for the new year! I fear the worst and hope for the best. So, it got me thinking about my goals and my friends goals too. There aare various goals although health and fitness top the list. I am wishing all my friends and family the best to reach their goals. I know they can do it and it will make them all immensely happy when they reach their goals. So, why don't I think of myself that way? I guess it's just in my nature to want to help others. That leaves me happy that I helped, but empty still. So, here's to me and my resolutions. I think if we write them out for all to see then it makes it more real and gives us people to keep us accountable which we all need. Like a sports bra we all needs support right? Oh I couldn't help my self.

So, here are my goals for the year!

1. Read one book per month ( I just finised the Bonesetters Daughter by Amy Tan, very good, but I am not counting it for January because I actually started it in December.) So for January it is Piers Anthony's The Source of Magic.



2.Take Classes-All kinds of Classes- I hope to take an ebay sales class, one for starting a craft business and some for basic computer stuff like office and excel.



3. Get fit! I am not fat by any means, but I am not fit either. Thin does NOT equal healthy. I want to be able to hike with my husband and not complain the whole time that "I just can't do it!" I want to get to the top of the mountain and be joyous that I am alive and have the gift of being able to enjoy the fabulous earth God created.



4. Take Dance Classes- I've always wanted to do dance every since I was little. I never did because as you know if you have ever met me I can be very shy. When I was younger people would tell me I had a dancer's body and that just thrilled me! I was always good at standing on the very top of my toes (or would that be the bottom?) so I thought I should be a ballarina and go on point. I would like to do almost any kind of dance. It will be tough as I am not so coorordinated these days or flexible.



5. Sell Jewlery- This is not so far down the line because it is not as important as the others ,but it is because I feel the others will enrich me and inspire me to be me and to go for it!



Well, for the moment that is all I have. I think it will keep me busy along side everyday life events. Please feel free to ask me how my book was and if I fell on my butt at dance. If you do then I will have to tell you if I didn't do what I say I am going to do. If this is the case you have permission to can kick my butt!



So, I hope you will reach your goals this year too. Tell me about them and maybe we can be support for each other!

No comments: